SCA calls £20m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:00AM
SCA Hygiene is on the hunt for an agency to handle the £20 million pan-European advertising account for its female hygiene products.
A number of roster and non-roster agencies have been approached to compete for the business, with pitches taking place this month at SCA’s Munich headquarters.
The account covers the advertising for all of SCA’s female hygiene products, including Bodyform and Libresse.
Advertising for these brands has been handled in-house for the past three years. However, SCA is now keen to appoint an external agency to work on the business.
Before moving the business in-house in 2007, SCA used Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its Libresse advertising account while Clemenger BBDO created an international campaign for Bodyform that ran in the UK featuring a dog that jumps out of a woman’s bag with a sanitary towel stuck to its tail.
Agencies currently on the SCA roster include Fallon, which handles the advertising for Cushelle, and Publicis, which works on the kitchen roll brand Plenty.
The most recent ad campaign for Bodyform launched in July and aimed to promote the new Bodyform hygienic carry case. The ad portrayed a woman’s handbag as a "jungle", making it impossible for anything to be found easily. Which, the ad explained, is why Bodyform had developed a carry case to keep everything accessible and safe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum + ongoing contract, London
- Creative Services Director Stopgap £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014