SCA calls £20m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:00AM
SCA Hygiene is on the hunt for an agency to handle the £20 million pan-European advertising account for its female hygiene products.
A number of roster and non-roster agencies have been approached to compete for the business, with pitches taking place this month at SCA’s Munich headquarters.
The account covers the advertising for all of SCA’s female hygiene products, including Bodyform and Libresse.
Advertising for these brands has been handled in-house for the past three years. However, SCA is now keen to appoint an external agency to work on the business.
Before moving the business in-house in 2007, SCA used Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its Libresse advertising account while Clemenger BBDO created an international campaign for Bodyform that ran in the UK featuring a dog that jumps out of a woman’s bag with a sanitary towel stuck to its tail.
Agencies currently on the SCA roster include Fallon, which handles the advertising for Cushelle, and Publicis, which works on the kitchen roll brand Plenty.
The most recent ad campaign for Bodyform launched in July and aimed to promote the new Bodyform hygienic carry case. The ad portrayed a woman’s handbag as a "jungle", making it impossible for anything to be found easily. Which, the ad explained, is why Bodyform had developed a carry case to keep everything accessible and safe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'