Polo Ralph Lauren launches UK ecommerce site
Clothing label Polo Ralph Lauren has launched a UK version of its ecommerce site to widen its availability to UK customers.
The new website, ralphlauren.com, has been created and designed in-house by the company’s ecommerce team.
The site will offer consumers a UK destination to buy the clothes brand online. Previously, it was not possible to buy Ralph Lauren goods this way unless the customer had a US address.
All of Ralph Lauren’s lines will be available to purchase, including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear and the home collection. It will also feature a "style guide", which has tips on the latest trends.
The website will also have links to RL magazine, the luxury-lifestyle quarterly and RL TV, which shows videos of runway footage, sports tips and celebrity interviews.
The company already has an ecommerce site in the US, along with an iPhone app that allows customers to make purchases directly from their smartphones.
Last month, House of Fraser reported a boost in core earnings by 22%, helped by growth in its ecommerce business and sales of own-branded goods.
H&M, Zara and Gap all launched online shops in the UK last month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Cross-Media Account Manager - up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London