Polo Ralph Lauren launches UK ecommerce site
Clothing label Polo Ralph Lauren has launched a UK version of its ecommerce site to widen its availability to UK customers.
The new website, ralphlauren.com, has been created and designed in-house by the company’s ecommerce team.
The site will offer consumers a UK destination to buy the clothes brand online. Previously, it was not possible to buy Ralph Lauren goods this way unless the customer had a US address.
All of Ralph Lauren’s lines will be available to purchase, including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear and the home collection. It will also feature a "style guide", which has tips on the latest trends.
The website will also have links to RL magazine, the luxury-lifestyle quarterly and RL TV, which shows videos of runway footage, sports tips and celebrity interviews.
The company already has an ecommerce site in the US, along with an iPhone app that allows customers to make purchases directly from their smartphones.
Last month, House of Fraser reported a boost in core earnings by 22%, helped by growth in its ecommerce business and sales of own-branded goods.
H&M, Zara and Gap all launched online shops in the UK last month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign