Lego launches contest to find TV ad stars
Lego and Nickelodeon, the Viacom-owned children's channel, have launched a campaign to find children to star in a TV spot, planned for November.
Children are asked to build their own models using Lego City then photograph and upload them to the Nickelodeon website, nick.co.uk, which contains a clickable map of the British Isles. Children in the same region can view each other's entries by clicking the map.
The two winners, one from the UK and one from Ireland, will star in a 40-second TV spot for the Lego City brand and receive free products for their classmates.
Laura Di Bonaventura, senior brand manager at children's construction toy brand Lego UK, said: "It is essential that City receives impactful marketing support using the most innovative, creative and engaging means.
"This campaign allows children to literally enter their own City world. It encourages our target audience to interact with the brand and really experience the core elements of creativity and building everyday, instantly-recognisable models."
The deal was negotiated between Aegis media agency Carat and Nickelodeon's ad sales house Sky Media. Julia Scales, Viacom sponsorship manager at Sky Media, said: "Lego City continues to engage its target audience via integrated, compelling campaigns.
"By giving Nickelodeon viewers the chance to immerse themselves into the Lego City world, and into the channel itself, not only achieves a once in a lifetime opportunity for the winner, the creative for the campaign completely cuts through to their audience."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Project Manager Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- account manager > GLOBAL EVENTS & PORTUGUESE FLUENCY collectivo Up to £27,000 per annum + benefits, South East region
- Biddable Paid Social Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Account Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts