Volkswagen unveils biggest cinema ad in six years
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 October 2010 12:14PM
Volkswagen is set to target film lovers next week with "See film differently", its biggest cinema campaign in six years.
From 25 October, the campaign created by DDB will focus on celebrating iconic film locations with two humorous cinema ads, 'Ghostbusters' and 'When Harry met Sally'.
The theme and strapline of the campaign is "Turning the camera on locations".
Volkswagen will also screen classic films in the places they were filmed. The series will kick off with a screening of the cult classic 'An American Werewolf in London' at the wolf's resting place, ZSL London Zoo, on Halloween night, 31 October.
DDB has also created a dedicated website, seefilmdifferently.com, to house all film-related content. The site will showcase forthcoming events, interactive movie tools and exclusive online editorial features.
Volkswagen has partnered with film magazine, Little White Lies, film specialists elevenfiftyfive, and LoveFilm, to create new and original material to share with fans, from interviews with actors and directors, and inside news on the latest releases, to behind-the-scenes stories from cult movies.
This content will be distributed through a dedicated Facebook group, Twitter feed, YouTube and film enthusiast forums, to give fans the opportunity to share and debate their opinions on film.
Natalie Lamont, Volkswagen communications manager, said: "Volkswagen is of course all about cars, but we love film as well. Our 'See film differently' platform is about sharing this passion with other fans and enabling them to see films in an unexpected, intelligent and interactive way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Front End Developer Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London
- Artworker Gemini Search £25000 - £30000 per annum + good benefits, Reigate