Emma Waddell and Ian Benjafield leave TUI as part of job cuts
By Mark Banham, PR Week UK, Thursday, 21 October 2010 01:00AM
TUI head of public relations Emma Waddell and senior PR manager Ian Benjafield have left their posts as part of ongoing job cuts at the travel firm.
According to sources at the company, the pair have taken voluntary redundancy and are now considering their next moves.
TUI owns Thomson Holidays, First Choice and the ThomsonFly airline. The changes come as TUI looks to reduce staff numbers at its headquarters in Luton and Coventry as part of a wider money-saving drive.
Prior to her three years as head of PR at TUI Travel UK, Waddell worked as head of PR and local marketing at First Choice Holidays, now part of the TUI Group, a post that she held for 11 years.
Before taking the role of senior PR manager at TUI, Benjafield had spent 13 years in the PR department of Disneyland Paris, holding positions including guest relations manager.
Cull declined to comment on the departures.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - London - £35K plus benefits Salt £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- SEO Consultant - London - £40K plus benefits Salt £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of SEO - Berlin - up to 120K Euros Salt €90000 - €120000 per annum + benefits, Berlin
- Head of SEO - London - up to £90K Salt £80000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity