Emma Waddell and Ian Benjafield leave TUI as part of job cuts
By Mark Banham, PR Week UK, Thursday, 21 October 2010 01:00AM
TUI head of public relations Emma Waddell and senior PR manager Ian Benjafield have left their posts as part of ongoing job cuts at the travel firm.
According to sources at the company, the pair have taken voluntary redundancy and are now considering their next moves.
TUI owns Thomson Holidays, First Choice and the ThomsonFly airline. The changes come as TUI looks to reduce staff numbers at its headquarters in Luton and Coventry as part of a wider money-saving drive.
Prior to her three years as head of PR at TUI Travel UK, Waddell worked as head of PR and local marketing at First Choice Holidays, now part of the TUI Group, a post that she held for 11 years.
Before taking the role of senior PR manager at TUI, Benjafield had spent 13 years in the PR department of Disneyland Paris, holding positions including guest relations manager.
Cull declined to comment on the departures.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency