Y&R replaces Costa with Prieto as EMEA president
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 25 October 2010 08:00AM
Young & Rubicam (Y&R) has promoted Jamie Prieto to president of its EMEA region, replacing Massimo Costa who stepped down in May.
Prieto, who has been at the agency since 2008 working as international managing director on the Colgate-Palmolive account, will be based in London from January. He was previously based in Hong Kong.
Prieto has spent 20 years at WPP-owned companies including 17 years at Ogilvy where he was senior partner, worldwide executive group director. There he held senior management posts in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico and Los Angeles.
During his tenure at Ogilvy, he was responsible for the global Motorola account, launching the Razr phone in over 70 countries. He was also responsible for launching Dove Shampoo in Asia, which was then rolled out globally, and he has worked on brands including Unilever, Coca-Cola and American Express.
Hamish McLennan, Y&R's chairman and chief executive, said: "Jaime has incredible credentials and has worked in North America, Latin America and Asia. He is a proven global marketer, with some spectacular successes.
"He also defines forward thinking, which comes out of his proven experience developing campaigns that leverage the new media environment and from masterfully integrating the range of communications elements."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Administrator, Leisure, North London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22500 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS, MANAGERS AND EXECUTIVES Live Recruitment Negotiable, Birmingham
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned