Skoda loses another top UK marketer
Skoda faces a potential marketing crisis after losing its second top UK brand boss in a year.
Newitt arrived in the job in December 2009, replacing Mary Newcombe, who was appointed head of learning services. It is not yet known who will replace him.
Insiders said the departure came as a blow to Skoda's UK business, which has been forced to use pan-European ads since its popular 'Cake' campaign came to an end in 2008. The ad, which was created by Fallon, showed confectioners building a cake version of _koda's Fabia model.
Skoda is due to launch its first UK-made TV ad for nearly three years next month. The ad, produced by Fallon, will promote the Fabia VRS.
Skoda's UK new-vehicle sales in the year to date are 28% up on 2009, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Skoda was unavailable for comment as Marketing went to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Sales Coordinator - Cutting edge, fun brand! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus!, City of London
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £30K, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Daily rates, London
- Digital Creative Director - Leading Advertising Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign