Skoda loses another top UK marketer
Skoda faces a potential marketing crisis after losing its second top UK brand boss in a year.
Newitt arrived in the job in December 2009, replacing Mary Newcombe, who was appointed head of learning services. It is not yet known who will replace him.
Insiders said the departure came as a blow to Skoda's UK business, which has been forced to use pan-European ads since its popular 'Cake' campaign came to an end in 2008. The ad, which was created by Fallon, showed confectioners building a cake version of _koda's Fabia model.
Skoda is due to launch its first UK-made TV ad for nearly three years next month. The ad, produced by Fallon, will promote the Fabia VRS.
Skoda's UK new-vehicle sales in the year to date are 28% up on 2009, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Skoda was unavailable for comment as Marketing went to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne