Stephen Fry recruited to sell Hondas to Aussies
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2010 08:00AM
Draftfcb Melbourne has recruited TV personality Stephen Fry to provide the voiceover in a brand-led campaign for Honda.
The agency has put Honda's brand positioning at the heart of the campaign, which features three of its new models, Euro, Civic and Hatch, together for the first time.
Continuing with the brand’s long held international strapline, "The power of dreams" the ad features Fry asking "what if?" and "what's next?" and explaining Honda's thoughts behind the new cars' features.
The ad, created by Draftfcb Melbourne, is the first for new creative director Mat Garbutt. He said: "Too much advertising today seems to be afraid to say something. Honda has so many wonderful stories to tell, and we wanted to tell them in a clever, joyful way that reflects the truth of Honda."
Kevin Lillie, Honda Australia's general marketing manager, explained. "We have changed from Honda's traditional approach of positioning each vehicle separately, to one where the core brand truth is central, and each vehicle is allowed to shine as a demonstration of that truth."
"Honda is a brand known for its technical precision and innovation, but the creative spirit that drives the brand is often hidden. We wanted to bring that joy and humanity of Honda to the surface. This campaign is a wonderful realization of our dream."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham