Stephen Fry recruited to sell Hondas to Aussies
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2010 08:00AM
Draftfcb Melbourne has recruited TV personality Stephen Fry to provide the voiceover in a brand-led campaign for Honda.
The agency has put Honda's brand positioning at the heart of the campaign, which features three of its new models, Euro, Civic and Hatch, together for the first time.
Continuing with the brand’s long held international strapline, "The power of dreams" the ad features Fry asking "what if?" and "what's next?" and explaining Honda's thoughts behind the new cars' features.
The ad, created by Draftfcb Melbourne, is the first for new creative director Mat Garbutt. He said: "Too much advertising today seems to be afraid to say something. Honda has so many wonderful stories to tell, and we wanted to tell them in a clever, joyful way that reflects the truth of Honda."
Kevin Lillie, Honda Australia's general marketing manager, explained. "We have changed from Honda's traditional approach of positioning each vehicle separately, to one where the core brand truth is central, and each vehicle is allowed to shine as a demonstration of that truth."
"Honda is a brand known for its technical precision and innovation, but the creative spirit that drives the brand is often hidden. We wanted to bring that joy and humanity of Honda to the surface. This campaign is a wonderful realization of our dream."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart