Freeview wheels out talking TV and teapot
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2010 04:45PM
Freeview, the digital TV service, is launching a £6m marketing campaign to promote the benefits of its digital TV recorder, Freeview+.
The ‘Living Rooms’ campaign created by 18 Feet & Rising will begin with a humourous TV ad launching on Sunday during the ‘The X Factor’ on ITV1. Media planning and buying is by MEC.
The 60-second and 30-second ads voiced by Karl Pilkington show a TV explaining the benefits of a Freeview+ HD box to furniture and ornaments in a living rooms such as a stuffed squirrel, teapot, lamp and painting.
TV activity will be supported by a radio and print campaign across Galaxy, Heart, Classic FM, Metro, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Daily Mirror and a six-week campaign in Radio Times.
The campaign will also feature pre-roll ads on ITV.com, TV Guide and AOL; website takeovers on MSN and Radio Times and Google AdWords.
Freeview marketing and communications director Sue Leach said: "This campaign plays to the heart of what makes Freeview great: Upgrading to Freeview + is easy and the ability to record and store both individual programmes and entire series at the touch of the button means no one has to miss out on their favourite TV again."
18 Feet & Rising partner Jonathan Trimble said: "These films bring to life the magic of a Freeview+ box in warm and friendly way. They have been designed to emphasise the simplicity and accessibility of the technology whilst entertaining and amusing at the same time. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter