Tesco Direct launches dedicated mobile website
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 November 2010 11:35AM
Tesco Direct has launched its first mobile website, dedicated to non-food and household items, and promises the launch of several more sites in the coming months.
The dedicated mobile website aims to build on a 300% increase in the use of Tesco Direct from mobile phones over the past year to around 500,000 users per month.
Tesco Direct is the non-food business of the giant retailer, which includes electrical and home items.
Additional mobile websites will soon be launched to cover food, wine and the Clubcard, although Tesco could not confirm if these new sites would be available before Christmas.
Ian Crook, Tesco.com CMO, said: "Busy and time-poor people are constantly seeking ways to utilise their time more effectively.
"Customers can shop, search, and compare prices easily on Tesco Direct from wherever they are – on the bus, on the street or even while shopping in a store."
The site was created by Tesco's web development team and Usablenet.
Crook said: "We know that our customers like to research thoroughly before making a purchase, and by offering a convenient, user-friendly way to do this while they are out and about, we aim to improve their overall shopping experience."
The site gives shoppers the chance to scan the product range, compare items and prices, buy items and work-out a convenient delivery time.
The company has also created a new Clubcard promotion in the run-up to Christmas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Graphic / Web Designer (Harrogate) The Little Black Book Agency £18000 - £20000 per annum, Harrogate
- Online Marketing Premier Consultants to £50,000 plus benefits, Berkshire
- Midweight/Senior Conceptual Art Director TMP Worldwide Competitive, Tottenham Court Road
- VP - Marketing and Communications - Corporate Banking EMR £80000 - £85000 per annum, London