VW Polo meets tango on TV tonight
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 10 November 2010 12:25PM
DDB has created a TV ad for the Volkswagen Polo, calling in director Jonathan Glazer to film two of the world's best tango dancers performing to hip hop to sell the new model's good looks and toughness.
The dancers are Argentinean tango world champion Gasper Godoy and his partner Manuela Rossi, the world number two.
In the ad, "Last tango in Compton", the pair are styled in hip-hop outfits and dance in a warehouse.
Rather than classic tango music, the accompaniment is upcoming hip hop artist Roc C's track 'Don't Stop'.
The ad closes on a black Polo set with a pure red urban landscape, with the endline "Tough. Beautiful. Polo.".
The ad will first be seen on ITV1 tonight during 'The Pride of Britain Awards' as part of a media campaign planned and bought by MediaCom.
It is the first time Glazer, who directed "Surfer" for Guinness and "Paint" for Sony, and DDB have partnered since the "Protection" ad for the Polo in 1998.
· Client: Sarah Clayton-Jones, Nigel Brotherton and Rod Mcleod, Volkswagen UK
· Executive Creative Director: Jeremy Craigen
· Copywriter: Dave Henderson
· Art director: Richard Denney
· Account Planner: Tom Lloyd
· Production Company: Academy Films
· Director: Jonathan Glazer
· Director of Photography: Dan Landin
· Agency TV Producer: Sarah Browell & Lucinda Ker
· Producer: Ben Link
· Media agency: MediaCom
· Media planner: Louise Pastou, Emma Franklin
· Account Team: Jonathan Hill, Paul Billingsley, Matt Delahunty, Harriet Bates
· Sound design: Soundtree/Wave
· Editor: Paul Watts, The Quarry
· Post production: One of Us Studios
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film