VW Polo meets tango on TV tonight
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 10 November 2010 12:25PM
DDB has created a TV ad for the Volkswagen Polo, calling in director Jonathan Glazer to film two of the world's best tango dancers performing to hip hop to sell the new model's good looks and toughness.
The dancers are Argentinean tango world champion Gasper Godoy and his partner Manuela Rossi, the world number two.
In the ad, "Last tango in Compton", the pair are styled in hip-hop outfits and dance in a warehouse.
Rather than classic tango music, the accompaniment is upcoming hip hop artist Roc C's track 'Don't Stop'.
The ad closes on a black Polo set with a pure red urban landscape, with the endline "Tough. Beautiful. Polo.".
The ad will first be seen on ITV1 tonight during 'The Pride of Britain Awards' as part of a media campaign planned and bought by MediaCom.
It is the first time Glazer, who directed "Surfer" for Guinness and "Paint" for Sony, and DDB have partnered since the "Protection" ad for the Polo in 1998.
· Client: Sarah Clayton-Jones, Nigel Brotherton and Rod Mcleod, Volkswagen UK
· Executive Creative Director: Jeremy Craigen
· Copywriter: Dave Henderson
· Art director: Richard Denney
· Account Planner: Tom Lloyd
· Production Company: Academy Films
· Director: Jonathan Glazer
· Director of Photography: Dan Landin
· Agency TV Producer: Sarah Browell & Lucinda Ker
· Producer: Ben Link
· Media agency: MediaCom
· Media planner: Louise Pastou, Emma Franklin
· Account Team: Jonathan Hill, Paul Billingsley, Matt Delahunty, Harriet Bates
· Sound design: Soundtree/Wave
· Editor: Paul Watts, The Quarry
· Post production: One of Us Studios
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Interim Consumer Insight Analyst 12mth FTC Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £25,000 - £27,000 + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Premier Media £30000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, London
- Event Manager Premier Media £32000 - £37000 per annum, Wandsworth
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Director Lipton Fleming £40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Account Director (Pharmaceutical Experience) Premier Media £45000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Google UK ad revenues climb 17% to $1.6bn