VW Polo meets tango on TV tonight
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 10 November 2010 12:25PM
DDB has created a TV ad for the Volkswagen Polo, calling in director Jonathan Glazer to film two of the world's best tango dancers performing to hip hop to sell the new model's good looks and toughness.
The dancers are Argentinean tango world champion Gasper Godoy and his partner Manuela Rossi, the world number two.
In the ad, "Last tango in Compton", the pair are styled in hip-hop outfits and dance in a warehouse.
Rather than classic tango music, the accompaniment is upcoming hip hop artist Roc C's track 'Don't Stop'.
The ad closes on a black Polo set with a pure red urban landscape, with the endline "Tough. Beautiful. Polo.".
The ad will first be seen on ITV1 tonight during 'The Pride of Britain Awards' as part of a media campaign planned and bought by MediaCom.
It is the first time Glazer, who directed "Surfer" for Guinness and "Paint" for Sony, and DDB have partnered since the "Protection" ad for the Polo in 1998.
· Client: Sarah Clayton-Jones, Nigel Brotherton and Rod Mcleod, Volkswagen UK
· Executive Creative Director: Jeremy Craigen
· Copywriter: Dave Henderson
· Art director: Richard Denney
· Account Planner: Tom Lloyd
· Production Company: Academy Films
· Director: Jonathan Glazer
· Director of Photography: Dan Landin
· Agency TV Producer: Sarah Browell & Lucinda Ker
· Producer: Ben Link
· Media agency: MediaCom
· Media planner: Louise Pastou, Emma Franklin
· Account Team: Jonathan Hill, Paul Billingsley, Matt Delahunty, Harriet Bates
· Sound design: Soundtree/Wave
· Editor: Paul Watts, The Quarry
· Post production: One of Us Studios
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director - Global Agency Fill Recruitment to £90k + good benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment c£60k+, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Entertainment / Film] Fill Recruitment c£35k+, London (Central), London (Greater)