Darth Vader stars in ad for Japanese phone brand
TOKYO - Lucas Film has licensed the use of Darth Vader to appear as a silent stalker in an ad for Japanese phone brand NTT Docomo.
In NTT's ad for its cellular brand Docomo, Vader appears following and alongside a series of young Japanese people as they variously use their phones and relax.
Darth Vader is the latest 'Star Wars' character to appear in an ad campaign. Last month Lucas licensed the rights to use the droids R2-D2 and C3PO in a Currys and PC World TV ad.
Adidas has also capitalised on the film's popularity. Earlier this year the sportswear company recreated one of the most famous 'Star Wars' scenes in the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine for an ad starring David Beckham, Snoop Dogg and Noel Gallagher.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Publisher Manager - Business Development Ultimate Asset £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sales Director- programmatic & data solutions Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER 70% DIGITAL 30% PRINT #HTML #INTERNALCOMMS Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, London