Darth Vader stars in ad for Japanese phone brand
TOKYO - Lucas Film has licensed the use of Darth Vader to appear as a silent stalker in an ad for Japanese phone brand NTT Docomo.
In NTT's ad for its cellular brand Docomo, Vader appears following and alongside a series of young Japanese people as they variously use their phones and relax.
Darth Vader is the latest 'Star Wars' character to appear in an ad campaign. Last month Lucas licensed the rights to use the droids R2-D2 and C3PO in a Currys and PC World TV ad.
Adidas has also capitalised on the film's popularity. Earlier this year the sportswear company recreated one of the most famous 'Star Wars' scenes in the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine for an ad starring David Beckham, Snoop Dogg and Noel Gallagher.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Manager Dot-Gap £45k, London Central
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London