Carphone Warehouse puts Colin into Christmas
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2010 09:21AM
The Carphone Warehouse is introducing a new Christmas brand mascot, Colin the Mouse, into its festive campaign.
The ad, created by CHI & Partners, shows Colin hunting around for presents the night before Christmas and finding gifts from The Carphone Warehouse, including the latest Smartphones and the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Colin is interrupted by a sleepy dad who wonders why the room is such a mess, leaving the mouse to offer him a slice of mince pie as a peace offering. The ad is accompanied by a modern adaptation of the 'Night Before Christmas' read by 'Sherlock Holmes' actor Martin Freeman.
Aiming to build on the success of The Carphone Warehouse's 'Walk out Working' campaign in September, the ad will run until 23 December. The campaign featuring Colin will also include press, online and point of sale.
Julian Diment, Carphone Warehouse marketing director, said: "This is a fun ad which brings to life the possibilities at The Carphone Warehouse this Christmas. It dramatises the great range of connected technology we offer customers and we are very proud to have Colin the Mouse as our Christmas ambassador."
The ad was made by production company Partizan Labs and directed by Eric Lerner and Patrik Bergh. It was produced by Henry Scholfield. Media planning and buying was handled by MCHI.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Gemini Search £42000.00 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show