Carphone Warehouse puts Colin into Christmas
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2010 09:21AM
The Carphone Warehouse is introducing a new Christmas brand mascot, Colin the Mouse, into its festive campaign.
The ad, created by CHI & Partners, shows Colin hunting around for presents the night before Christmas and finding gifts from The Carphone Warehouse, including the latest Smartphones and the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Colin is interrupted by a sleepy dad who wonders why the room is such a mess, leaving the mouse to offer him a slice of mince pie as a peace offering. The ad is accompanied by a modern adaptation of the 'Night Before Christmas' read by 'Sherlock Holmes' actor Martin Freeman.
Aiming to build on the success of The Carphone Warehouse's 'Walk out Working' campaign in September, the ad will run until 23 December. The campaign featuring Colin will also include press, online and point of sale.
Julian Diment, Carphone Warehouse marketing director, said: "This is a fun ad which brings to life the possibilities at The Carphone Warehouse this Christmas. It dramatises the great range of connected technology we offer customers and we are very proud to have Colin the Mouse as our Christmas ambassador."
The ad was made by production company Partizan Labs and directed by Eric Lerner and Patrik Bergh. It was produced by Henry Scholfield. Media planning and buying was handled by MCHI.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Development Manager - Data Direct Recruitment £75k, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £42000 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive (Digital & Offline) JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, North Yorkshire
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake