Bravo Outdoor wins CIE in Ireland
CIE, the major public transport provider in the Republic of Ireland, has reappointed Bravo Outdoor to its €40m outdoor ad contract after a competitive pitch.
Bravo Outdoor is the company formed by the Irish management of Titan Outdoor when Titan pulled out of Ireland.
The contract includes all of CIE bus, rail and roadside outdoor sites, excluding bus shelters which are tendered separately, and is estimated to be worth €40m over three years.
At the end of 2009, Titan Outdoor pulled out of Ireland after reaching a mutual agreement with CIE to surrender the national rail company’s contract, then estimated to be worth €100m.
CIE agreed that a new company, led by the chief executive of Titan Outdoor Ireland James Barry, would take on Titan’s contracts and 40 members of staff. The new company became Bravo Outdoor.
Tom Goddard, former CBS Outdoor international chief executive and current chairman of Ocean Outdoor and executive chairman of Digicom in the UK, was appointed chairman of Bravo Outdoor in February.
Goddard said: "Bravo is delighted to be nominated as the preferred supplier after a highly competitive tender process, and we look forward to concluding the outstanding formalities in the near future with CIE.
"In the meantime, we remain focused on achieving optimum results for our advertiser clients through the strength of CIE’s outstanding transit media."
In January, JCDecaux bought the assets of Titan Outdoor’s UK business out of administration. In May, JCDecaux won the railside Network Rail contract, Titan’s biggest contract, after a competitive tender.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham