Age UK calls on presenter Sian Lloyd for cold warning
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2010 01:20PM
Age UK, the charity formed by the merger of Age Concern and Help the Aged, is launching a radio ad featuring weather presenter Sian Lloyd.
The campaign, created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, will roll out later this month, featuring TV personality and weather presenter Lloyd and actress Anna Massey.
In the ad, Lloyd will read a "weather forecast" for a typical British home in the winter. It finishes with a voiceover by Massey, who tells listeners that it gets more difficult for people to sense a dangerous drop in temperature as they get older.
Targeting the grey market, listeners are invited to pick up a free thermometer and guide to keeping warm, from their local Age UK shop or by calling a freephone number.
Local radio ads will run in key area such as Birmingham, Norwich and Tyneside.
Duncan Lewis, Age UK director of marketing, commented: "Many people are aware of the problems facing people in later life during winter.
"They might be unaware, though, that people are less able to judge temperatures as they get older. Having a free thermometer is a simple way to ensure people in later life stay safe and warm this winter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire