Sainsbury's to sponsor Christmas programming on UKTV
Supermarket brand Sainsbury's has signed a six-figure deal to promote its Christmas range and sponsor more than 2,000 hours of programming across the UKTV portfolio of channels.
The deal, negotiated by Omnicom branded content division Drum PHD and the Virgin Media-owned sales house Ids, starts today and will run until 31 December across eight UKTV channels, including Dave and Alibi.
Included in the deal are programmes such as 'The Royle Family', 'Only Fools and Horses', 'Gavin & Stacey', 'My Family', 'Extreme Makeover Home Edition', 'Dragon's Den', 'Amazing Planet' and 'Antiques Roadshow'.
Sainsbury's will also be the channel sponsor, including branded channel idents, menu boards and promotional trails, of pay-TV channels Gold and Watch over the deal period.
Creative for the sponsorship is by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO and will feature fifteen separate idents focusing on different Sainsbury's Christmas products or "hero lines".
Natalie Dunn, brand advertising manager at Sainsbury's, said: "This partnership enables us to position ourselves around classic Christmas programming in a fiercely competitive period for retailer advertisers."
The Sainsbury's deal is the final major TV sponsorship to be sold through Ids before the sales house closes at the end of the year. The UKTV sales contract will move to Channel 4 and Sky Media will takes over the sales for the old Virgin Media Television channels.
UKTV is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and Virgin Media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer Â– Product & Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Client Planner AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Press Production Executive AF Selection £20,000 - £22,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Specialist - Client-Side Travel Brand - PPC / SEO Ultimate Asset £30000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, City of London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014