Sainsbury's to sponsor Christmas programming on UKTV
Supermarket brand Sainsbury's has signed a six-figure deal to promote its Christmas range and sponsor more than 2,000 hours of programming across the UKTV portfolio of channels.
The deal, negotiated by Omnicom branded content division Drum PHD and the Virgin Media-owned sales house Ids, starts today and will run until 31 December across eight UKTV channels, including Dave and Alibi.
Included in the deal are programmes such as 'The Royle Family', 'Only Fools and Horses', 'Gavin & Stacey', 'My Family', 'Extreme Makeover Home Edition', 'Dragon's Den', 'Amazing Planet' and 'Antiques Roadshow'.
Sainsbury's will also be the channel sponsor, including branded channel idents, menu boards and promotional trails, of pay-TV channels Gold and Watch over the deal period.
Creative for the sponsorship is by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO and will feature fifteen separate idents focusing on different Sainsbury's Christmas products or "hero lines".
Natalie Dunn, brand advertising manager at Sainsbury's, said: "This partnership enables us to position ourselves around classic Christmas programming in a fiercely competitive period for retailer advertisers."
The Sainsbury's deal is the final major TV sponsorship to be sold through Ids before the sales house closes at the end of the year. The UKTV sales contract will move to Channel 4 and Sky Media will takes over the sales for the old Virgin Media Television channels.
UKTV is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and Virgin Media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show