Leo Burnett appoints Justin Tindall as executive creative director
Leo Burnett has ended its long search for an executive creative director with the appointment of The Red Brick Road's creative partner Justin Tindall.
Tindall replaces Jonathan Burley who shocked the agency by leaving in April to take the executive creative director role at CHI & Partners.
After building his reputation during seven years at DDB London, where he was the head of art and worked alongside creative partner Adam Tucker, Tindall joined The Red Brick Road four years ago as a partner with a stake in the agency.
At Burnetts, Tindall will work as part of a management team, led by the group chief executive Andrew Edwards, that also includes the group managing director Paul Lawson, the group chief strategic officer Giles Hedger and the group chief digital officer Marc Giusti.
Tindall will be tasked with building the agency’s creative reputation from a promising platform. Its Shelter ‘House of Cards" campaign won a Gold Award at last month’s Campaign Big Awards.
It is unclear when Tindall will start at Burnetts or what will happen to his stake in The Red Brick Road.
Tindall said: "This is one of the biggest creative jobs in the country and a chance to work on a fantastic portfolio of clients. The breadth and scale of Leo Burnett's creative ambition is matched entirely by my own."
Edwards said: "In Justin, not only do we have one of the world’s best creative thinkers but also someone who is passionate about multi discipline campaigns. Justin’s appointment represents a real progression for us in this area."
Paul Hammersley, the managing partner, The Red Brick Road said: "This move coincides with work we have been doing on re-structuring and re-organising the agency; a plan we had intended to announce at year end. To that end it is our intention not to replace Justin; we already have 3 other creative partners and are looking to work in more of a creative group system."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager looking for promotion to Senior Account Manager up to £32k + bens Barker Graves Up to £32k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web