Leo Burnett appoints Justin Tindall as executive creative director
Leo Burnett has ended its long search for an executive creative director with the appointment of The Red Brick Road's creative partner Justin Tindall.
Tindall replaces Jonathan Burley who shocked the agency by leaving in April to take the executive creative director role at CHI & Partners.
After building his reputation during seven years at DDB London, where he was the head of art and worked alongside creative partner Adam Tucker, Tindall joined The Red Brick Road four years ago as a partner with a stake in the agency.
At Burnetts, Tindall will work as part of a management team, led by the group chief executive Andrew Edwards, that also includes the group managing director Paul Lawson, the group chief strategic officer Giles Hedger and the group chief digital officer Marc Giusti.
Tindall will be tasked with building the agency’s creative reputation from a promising platform. Its Shelter ‘House of Cards" campaign won a Gold Award at last month’s Campaign Big Awards.
It is unclear when Tindall will start at Burnetts or what will happen to his stake in The Red Brick Road.
Tindall said: "This is one of the biggest creative jobs in the country and a chance to work on a fantastic portfolio of clients. The breadth and scale of Leo Burnett's creative ambition is matched entirely by my own."
Edwards said: "In Justin, not only do we have one of the world’s best creative thinkers but also someone who is passionate about multi discipline campaigns. Justin’s appointment represents a real progression for us in this area."
Paul Hammersley, the managing partner, The Red Brick Road said: "This move coincides with work we have been doing on re-structuring and re-organising the agency; a plan we had intended to announce at year end. To that end it is our intention not to replace Justin; we already have 3 other creative partners and are looking to work in more of a creative group system."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'