Unilever names marketing head for laundry in UK and Ireland
Unilever, the FMCG giant, has named Petra Hangweier as the new category director for laundry within its UK and Ireland business.
The internal appointment will see Hangweier move from her position as savoury category director for Unilever’s German, Austrian and Swiss business.
She replaces Batyr Bulat, the category marketing director who left the company to take up the position of marketing director at Samsung Mobile UK.
Hangweier will report to Matt Close, marketing vice-president (home and personal care), Unilever UK and Ireland, and will oversee the commercial marketing and brand building for Persil, Surf and Comfort.
The appointment comes as Unilever got the go-ahead this week from the European Union to buy the personal care and European laundry arm of fmcg business Sara Lee, in a €1.2bn deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Stopgap Competitive Salary, London
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Email Marketing Specialist (6 month contract) Brand Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- Media Manager - Client Side Contract Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Media Executive Pitch Consultants £16000 - £20000 per annum, Leeds
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building