Durex ad offers Play-ful reason to stay indoors
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 November 2010 09:10AM
Durex is backing its Play products with a new winter campaign, featuring the recently introduced "Love sex. Durex" slogan.
The campaign, by McCann Manchester with media planning and buying by Universal McCann, breaks tomorrow (25 November).
The campaign features two TV ads – one for Durex's two in one massage range, and one for the Play lubricants, which will be supported by in-store, online and social media activity.
Both ads focus on touch and intimacy. The Play lubricant spot shows a scantly dressed woman stroking her boyfriend's neck with the product. He stops listening to his music and follows her upstairs. Whenever she touches him, sparkling gold patterns appear on his skin.
The two in one massage gel ad shows a couple undressing each other and also leaving a sparkling gold trail on each other's skin as they use the product.
The TV spots will air on Channel 4, E4 and Living tomorrow, followed by ITV2 and Fiver on Friday.
Anthea Benton and Believe respectively directed and produced the "Play lubricant" spot and Andy Saunders and The Mob Film Company respectively directed and produced the "2 in 1 massage gel" spot.
Big Buoy handled post-production. Dave Price is creative director, Dawn Hoskinson is the copywriter, and art direction is by Carol Naylor.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Strategist - Brand Consultancy Ann Sharman Recruitment £35,000 - £45,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- Employee Engagement Director Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Direct Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 p.a. + car or C/A , London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad