Nick Bampton joins Channel 5 to replace Kelly Williams
Kelly Williams, the sales director of Channel 5, is leaving the broadcaster and will be replaced by Nick Bampton.
Williams, who has been the sales director since March 2004, has taken the decision to leave just five months after its acquisition by Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell.
Bampton’s appointment means a return to front line TV sales a year after he left his role as the managing director of Viacom Brand Solutions following its acquisition by Sky Media.
In his new role as commercial sales director Bampton will be responsible for ad, sponsorship and digital sales and commercial development across the Channel 5 portfolio and will work closely with the other divisions in Northern & Shell.
Bampton has stepped down from his role as the managing director of media start-up The Third Way and will start at Channel 5 next Wednesday (1 December), working with Williams until he leaves to pursue new opportunities at the end of January 2010.
Stan Myerson, the group managing director at Northern & Shell, said: "Nick Bampton’s track record certainly needs no introduction. He is a major player in the industry, well respected by colleagues, agencies and advertisers alike."
Williams said: "I would like to thank Stan for his support throughout the acquisition process and how supportive he has been over my decision to leave. Nick is someone I have enormous respect for and I am really pleased that he is taking over the team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head Of Digital Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- International Brand Marketing Manager - Sport Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas