Nick Bampton joins Channel 5 to replace Kelly Williams
Kelly Williams, the sales director of Channel 5, is leaving the broadcaster and will be replaced by Nick Bampton.
Williams, who has been the sales director since March 2004, has taken the decision to leave just five months after its acquisition by Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell.
Bampton’s appointment means a return to front line TV sales a year after he left his role as the managing director of Viacom Brand Solutions following its acquisition by Sky Media.
In his new role as commercial sales director Bampton will be responsible for ad, sponsorship and digital sales and commercial development across the Channel 5 portfolio and will work closely with the other divisions in Northern & Shell.
Bampton has stepped down from his role as the managing director of media start-up The Third Way and will start at Channel 5 next Wednesday (1 December), working with Williams until he leaves to pursue new opportunities at the end of January 2010.
Stan Myerson, the group managing director at Northern & Shell, said: "Nick Bampton’s track record certainly needs no introduction. He is a major player in the industry, well respected by colleagues, agencies and advertisers alike."
Williams said: "I would like to thank Stan for his support throughout the acquisition process and how supportive he has been over my decision to leave. Nick is someone I have enormous respect for and I am really pleased that he is taking over the team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Digital Marketing Executive Carnival UK Up to £40,000 (DOE) + company pension and superb benefits , Southampton
- National Account Controller - FMCG JV Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: excellent car allowance, bonus and beneifts, Leeds
- Brand Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: plus car allowance and package, North Yorkshire
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £28-45k dep experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four years
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Aviva appoints Adam & Eve/DDB to global ad account