Nick Bampton joins Channel 5 to replace Kelly Williams
Kelly Williams, the sales director of Channel 5, is leaving the broadcaster and will be replaced by Nick Bampton.
Williams, who has been the sales director since March 2004, has taken the decision to leave just five months after its acquisition by Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell.
Bampton’s appointment means a return to front line TV sales a year after he left his role as the managing director of Viacom Brand Solutions following its acquisition by Sky Media.
In his new role as commercial sales director Bampton will be responsible for ad, sponsorship and digital sales and commercial development across the Channel 5 portfolio and will work closely with the other divisions in Northern & Shell.
Bampton has stepped down from his role as the managing director of media start-up The Third Way and will start at Channel 5 next Wednesday (1 December), working with Williams until he leaves to pursue new opportunities at the end of January 2010.
Stan Myerson, the group managing director at Northern & Shell, said: "Nick Bampton’s track record certainly needs no introduction. He is a major player in the industry, well respected by colleagues, agencies and advertisers alike."
Williams said: "I would like to thank Stan for his support throughout the acquisition process and how supportive he has been over my decision to leave. Nick is someone I have enormous respect for and I am really pleased that he is taking over the team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior CRM Executive Online Resourcing Up to £34,000, Euston, London
- Marketing Executive Online Resourcing Up to £28,000, Euston, London
- Corporate Affairs Manager Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Global Content Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Full Service Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25,000 to £30,000, Manchester
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list