Nick Bampton joins Channel 5 to replace Kelly Williams
Kelly Williams, the sales director of Channel 5, is leaving the broadcaster and will be replaced by Nick Bampton.
Williams, who has been the sales director since March 2004, has taken the decision to leave just five months after its acquisition by Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell.
Bampton’s appointment means a return to front line TV sales a year after he left his role as the managing director of Viacom Brand Solutions following its acquisition by Sky Media.
In his new role as commercial sales director Bampton will be responsible for ad, sponsorship and digital sales and commercial development across the Channel 5 portfolio and will work closely with the other divisions in Northern & Shell.
Bampton has stepped down from his role as the managing director of media start-up The Third Way and will start at Channel 5 next Wednesday (1 December), working with Williams until he leaves to pursue new opportunities at the end of January 2010.
Stan Myerson, the group managing director at Northern & Shell, said: "Nick Bampton’s track record certainly needs no introduction. He is a major player in the industry, well respected by colleagues, agencies and advertisers alike."
Williams said: "I would like to thank Stan for his support throughout the acquisition process and how supportive he has been over my decision to leave. Nick is someone I have enormous respect for and I am really pleased that he is taking over the team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure