Sean Healy joins Walker Media as Davis steps up to chief executive
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 November 2010 08:00AM
Walker Media has poached MediaCom's head of strategic solutions Sean Healy to become its managing director in a restructure that also sees Simon Davis promoted to chief executive.
Phil Georgiadis remains as chairman of the agency but will focus on staff training and development along with developing Walker Media’s strategic product. Davis, who was appointed managing director three years ago, assumes responsibility for managing the business and takes the chief executive title with immediate effect.
Healy will join Walker Media in the New Year having spent ten years at MediaCom, most recently running a team of around 150 planners, strategists and econometricians.
Georgiadis said that he had been planning the restructure for some time and described Healy as the most significant hiring Walker Media has ever made. He credited Healy as being one of the architects of MediaCom’s impressive growth and said that he had Davis had hired him for his strategic leadership abilities.
He added: "I believe that we have a fantastic opportunity to further consolidate our distinctive positioning in the UK media market and have decided that now is the perfect time to invest in the future of the company by expanding the senior management team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London