Ferrero appoints RKCR/Y&R to Tic Tac creative business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 November 2010 10:40AM
Ferrero has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle the advertising for its Tic Tac brand.
The agency is understood to have picked up the business without a pitch. It already held a place on the Ferrero roster after winning the company's flagship Ferrero Rocher brand in August, following a pitch against Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan and St Luke's.
WCRS was previously the incumbent on the Tic Tac advertising account. The agency had worked on the business since 2002, but resigned it in June this year, citing "creative differences".
During its time working on the business, WCRS was responsible for moving the mint brand away from its "Shake your Tic Tacs" strapline, introducing a new "Full of refreshing little lifts" positioning.
Tic Tac was in the public eye last year after a technical error meant that an ad for the brand interrupted coverage of an FA Cup fourth-round replay between Everton and Liverpool, just as Everton's Dan Gosling scored the match-winning goal deep into extra time.
Despite being ITV's error, Tic Tac subsequently released a humorous 20-second viral that saw men dressed as orange and lime Tic Tacs re-enact Gosling's strike on Hackney Marshes.
MEC handles Tic Tac's media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'