Thomson Sport to sponsor NFL in UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 2010 09:00AM
Thomson Sport has signed a three year deal to become the official travel partner of the National Football League (NFL) in the UK.
As part of the deal, the TUI Travel-owned sport specialist travel agency will be offering travel packages to European fans, commencing with Super Bowl XLV in Texas, on 6 February next year.
It will have sponsorship rights relating to the NFL's marks and key events, such as the International Series at Wembley and the Super Bowl.
Thomson Sport has exclusive broadcast sponsorship of NFL coverage on Sky Sports and Channel 4. Coverage commences with Sky's live coverage of the Thanksgiving match on 25 November.
Thompson Sport will also become the sponsor of the NFLUK TV section on the nfluk.com site.
It will also operate a NFL holiday club site, giving fans discounts on holidays and specialist activity brands such as Crystal Ski and Sunsail.
Thomson Sport currently has sponsorship deals with Arsenal Football Club and the Scottish Football Association.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show