Thomson Sport to sponsor NFL in UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 2010 09:00AM
Thomson Sport has signed a three year deal to become the official travel partner of the National Football League (NFL) in the UK.
As part of the deal, the TUI Travel-owned sport specialist travel agency will be offering travel packages to European fans, commencing with Super Bowl XLV in Texas, on 6 February next year.
It will have sponsorship rights relating to the NFL's marks and key events, such as the International Series at Wembley and the Super Bowl.
Thomson Sport has exclusive broadcast sponsorship of NFL coverage on Sky Sports and Channel 4. Coverage commences with Sky's live coverage of the Thanksgiving match on 25 November.
Thompson Sport will also become the sponsor of the NFLUK TV section on the nfluk.com site.
It will also operate a NFL holiday club site, giving fans discounts on holidays and specialist activity brands such as Crystal Ski and Sunsail.
Thomson Sport currently has sponsorship deals with Arsenal Football Club and the Scottish Football Association.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Content Manager - £30k - Financial Services - London Salt Negotiable, London
- Freelance Interior Designer Premier Media £20 - £30 per hour, City of London
- Senior Account Executive Major Players Negotiable, City of London
- Studio/Project Manager Creative Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Marketing Professionals AB InBev Competitive, United Kingdom
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote