Unilever brings in Ogilvy & Mather for corporate brand business
Unilever, the global FMCG company, has brought in Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide to handle its corporate brand business, following a split from Fallon London.
Unilver said the move in agencies marks a change in development of the brand from Fallon London’s early strategic work, to the development of a campaign "across multiple communication channels".
Ogilvy & Mather already handles some Unilever brands, including Dove, Hellmann’s and Ponds.
Keith Weed, Unilever's chief marketing and communications officer, said: "It is an exciting time for Unilever's most important brand and we are delighted to be working with Ogilvy & Mather.
"Their skills are a good fit for the multi-disciplinary nature of the Unilever Brand work and the global scale of the project."
Unilever said the strategic work Fallon has been doing for the brand is complete and the two companies are now ensuring a smooth transition of business between the two agencies.
Unilever has around 163,000 employees in nearly 100 countries, with annual sales of €40bn in 2009. Its brand portfolio includes Knorr, Hellmann's, Lipton, Dove, Vaseline, Persil, Cif, Marmite and Pot Noodle.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Pot Noodle changes tack with WAG ads
- Dove Deodorant hands global digital account to EHS 4D
- Lipton appoints managing and marketing directors
- OgilvyOne appoints de la Fosse and Wilson as joint creative chiefs
- Unilever buys Radox and Brylcreem brands for €1.2bn
- Ogilvy's Mark Blair promoted to global role
- BBH Asia-Pacific launches global Vaseline campaign
- FMCG goods 'recession-resistant', says Unilever Asia president
- Unilever's Keith Weed on sustainability
- Hellmann's revamps Christmas ad strategy
- Unilever names marketing head for laundry in UK and Ireland
- Birds Eye owner champions marketing innovation
- Designer / Creative Artworker David Thatcher Recruitment £25-30k, Wantage, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director David Thatcher Recruitment 335-60k dep experience, Milton Keynes
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web