Tyrrells extends brand into popcorn
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 29 November 2010 01:02PM
Tyrrells, the potato-crisp maker, is to move beyond its core offering into selling popcorn, in a move to diversify its revenue streams.
The company’s push into the popcorn market will be two-pronged: firstly in shared bags, and then in single bags.
Tyrrells is targeting the premium market with its offering and will compete against the likes of Diva Popcorn.
The shared bags will be called Tyrrells Proper Popcorn, available in sea-salted, sweet & salty and sour cream & jalapeno flavours, and will be priced at £1.49 for an 80g bag. They will be rolled out in independent retailers, before being sold in multiples.
The single 20g bags will be available in the same flavours in the New Year, priced at 59p.
The move will be supported by a marketing campaign, which will run in the New Year. Details of the marketing campaign have yet to be disclosed.
Tyrrells supplies more than 3,000 independent retailers nationwide and a handful of national retailers, including Sainsbury and Waitrose.
The company was set up in 2002 by entrepreneurial potato farmer William Tyrrell.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency