Oddbins trials smaller stores under new brand
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 10:45AM
Upmarket off-licence chain Oddbins is to trial a new smaller store format called Oddies, as well as doing more to showcase local beers.
The trial stores will be opened at eight spots owned by the group, but not currently used.
The Oddies shops will feature fewer lines – around 450 compared to 1,000 in larger stores – and some cheaper wines, in addition to a selection of locally produced beers.
Simon Baile, Oddbins managing director, said beer was a growth area, and Oddbins had seen a 3% increase in beer sales, which reverses a wider national trend of sharply declining sales.
He said: "Brewers will be invited to showcase their beers to customers at tasting events in the stores, a change from our regular wine-tasting programme, giving customers the chance to sample the beer and meet the brewers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- SEO Executive Gemini Search £22000 - £26000 per annum + Depending on Experience, City of London
- PR Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Hereford and Worcester
- Account Manager - Digital / Fabulous Agency - £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £30k, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Surrey] - to £36k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £36k, SW London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents