Oddbins trials smaller stores under new brand
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 10:45AM
Upmarket off-licence chain Oddbins is to trial a new smaller store format called Oddies, as well as doing more to showcase local beers.
The trial stores will be opened at eight spots owned by the group, but not currently used.
The Oddies shops will feature fewer lines – around 450 compared to 1,000 in larger stores – and some cheaper wines, in addition to a selection of locally produced beers.
Simon Baile, Oddbins managing director, said beer was a growth area, and Oddbins had seen a 3% increase in beer sales, which reverses a wider national trend of sharply declining sales.
He said: "Brewers will be invited to showcase their beers to customers at tasting events in the stores, a change from our regular wine-tasting programme, giving customers the chance to sample the beer and meet the brewers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy