Oddbins trials smaller stores under new brand
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 10:45AM
Upmarket off-licence chain Oddbins is to trial a new smaller store format called Oddies, as well as doing more to showcase local beers.
The trial stores will be opened at eight spots owned by the group, but not currently used.
The Oddies shops will feature fewer lines – around 450 compared to 1,000 in larger stores – and some cheaper wines, in addition to a selection of locally produced beers.
Simon Baile, Oddbins managing director, said beer was a growth area, and Oddbins had seen a 3% increase in beer sales, which reverses a wider national trend of sharply declining sales.
He said: "Brewers will be invited to showcase their beers to customers at tasting events in the stores, a change from our regular wine-tasting programme, giving customers the chance to sample the beer and meet the brewers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Campaign Project Manager Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Junior Comms Planning Manager required for Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Entertainment brand - Comms Manager at top London media agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum, London
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas