Oddbins trials smaller stores under new brand
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 10:45AM
Upmarket off-licence chain Oddbins is to trial a new smaller store format called Oddies, as well as doing more to showcase local beers.
The trial stores will be opened at eight spots owned by the group, but not currently used.
The Oddies shops will feature fewer lines – around 450 compared to 1,000 in larger stores – and some cheaper wines, in addition to a selection of locally produced beers.
Simon Baile, Oddbins managing director, said beer was a growth area, and Oddbins had seen a 3% increase in beer sales, which reverses a wider national trend of sharply declining sales.
He said: "Brewers will be invited to showcase their beers to customers at tasting events in the stores, a change from our regular wine-tasting programme, giving customers the chance to sample the beer and meet the brewers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough