Pernod pushes CSR agenda with sensible drinking ads
Pernod Ricard UK (PRUK) is launching its first sensible drinking TV ad, via its Malibu brand, as part of a wider effort to ramp up its corporate social responsibility programme.
The campaign builds on Malibu’s existing Radio Maliboom Boom work.
Using the same two radio DJs from its earlier "Shake It" and "Snowflake" TV ads, the advertising uses the strapline "One too many always mess up your head. Always drink responsibly".
It breaks on 9 December and will run for three weeks across channels including ITV2, E4, and 4Music.
This marks the first time the company has harnessed one of its brands in order to deliver a responsibility message to its target audience through TV.
Patrick Venning, head of marketing at PRUK, said: "Malibu is able to draw on its equity as a brand to speak to younger adult consumers in a way that is relevant and credible.
"We wanted to utilise this to remind our consumers of the importance of drinking responsibly. Younger adults do not want to be told what to do, especially when it comes to social occasions, so we approached the advertising with the same fun attitude that they expect and appreciate from Malibu."
The advertising builds on previous activity by the brand to bring the responsible drinking message to its consumers – a strategy that this year has included a partnership with Kiss FM.
PRUK's "Accept Responsibility" campaign, which is now in its third year, has addressed binge drinking and underage drinking. From today (1 December), PRUK and the Automobile Association (AA) are running an outdoor and digital campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London