Mindshare wins $100m consolidated Cadbury, Kraft business in Asia
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 December 2010 10:30AM
SINGAPORE - Mindshare has added Cadbury to its media agency-of-record duties for Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Representing brands such as Oreo biscuits, Tang powdered beverages, Cadbury chocolates and Halls candies, the decision represents well over US$100 million in media across these markets.
The review, which was called earlier this year, follows Kraft Foods’ acquisition of Cadbury earlier this year.
This consolidation of duties is the latest in a series of alignments, which started in Europe several months ago. This announcement represents the single largest regional consolidation for Kraft Foods to date.
Mindshare works with Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, and Cadbury had used a number of agencies including Carat, Starcom and Zenith across the Southeast Asia markets.
Commenting on the win, Ashutosh Srivastava, CEO, Mindshare Asia-Pacific, said, "Mindshare is delighted to deepen our relationship with Kraft Foods in these markets."
"As integration continues with Cadbury, we wanted to align our marketing agencies to realise scale advantages and accelerate the growth of our business in these dynamic markets," said Shawn Warren, marketing vice president for Kraft Foods Asia-Pacific.
He added, "After careful consideration we chose Mindshare as our media agency partner in this important geography to take our strong brand portfolios forward."
The transition of the business will begin immediately and is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
Carat handles the consolidated business in China, following its appointment in June this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood