Mindshare wins $100m consolidated Cadbury, Kraft business in Asia
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 December 2010 10:30AM
SINGAPORE - Mindshare has added Cadbury to its media agency-of-record duties for Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Representing brands such as Oreo biscuits, Tang powdered beverages, Cadbury chocolates and Halls candies, the decision represents well over US$100 million in media across these markets.
The review, which was called earlier this year, follows Kraft Foods’ acquisition of Cadbury earlier this year.
This consolidation of duties is the latest in a series of alignments, which started in Europe several months ago. This announcement represents the single largest regional consolidation for Kraft Foods to date.
Mindshare works with Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, and Cadbury had used a number of agencies including Carat, Starcom and Zenith across the Southeast Asia markets.
Commenting on the win, Ashutosh Srivastava, CEO, Mindshare Asia-Pacific, said, "Mindshare is delighted to deepen our relationship with Kraft Foods in these markets."
"As integration continues with Cadbury, we wanted to align our marketing agencies to realise scale advantages and accelerate the growth of our business in these dynamic markets," said Shawn Warren, marketing vice president for Kraft Foods Asia-Pacific.
He added, "After careful consideration we chose Mindshare as our media agency partner in this important geography to take our strong brand portfolios forward."
The transition of the business will begin immediately and is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
Carat handles the consolidated business in China, following its appointment in June this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni