Mindshare wins $100m consolidated Cadbury, Kraft business in Asia
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 December 2010 10:30AM
SINGAPORE - Mindshare has added Cadbury to its media agency-of-record duties for Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Representing brands such as Oreo biscuits, Tang powdered beverages, Cadbury chocolates and Halls candies, the decision represents well over US$100 million in media across these markets.
The review, which was called earlier this year, follows Kraft Foods’ acquisition of Cadbury earlier this year.
This consolidation of duties is the latest in a series of alignments, which started in Europe several months ago. This announcement represents the single largest regional consolidation for Kraft Foods to date.
Mindshare works with Kraft Foods in Southeast Asia, and Cadbury had used a number of agencies including Carat, Starcom and Zenith across the Southeast Asia markets.
Commenting on the win, Ashutosh Srivastava, CEO, Mindshare Asia-Pacific, said, "Mindshare is delighted to deepen our relationship with Kraft Foods in these markets."
"As integration continues with Cadbury, we wanted to align our marketing agencies to realise scale advantages and accelerate the growth of our business in these dynamic markets," said Shawn Warren, marketing vice president for Kraft Foods Asia-Pacific.
He added, "After careful consideration we chose Mindshare as our media agency partner in this important geography to take our strong brand portfolios forward."
The transition of the business will begin immediately and is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
Carat handles the consolidated business in China, following its appointment in June this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £75 - £100K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad