Mother lands £30m Beck's global account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 December 2010 08:00AM
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed Mother to handle the estimated £30 million global advertising account for its Beck's brand.
Mother London, in conjunction with Mother New York, pitched for the business against undisclosed agencies. The previous incumbent on the account was Publicis.
Mother, which already handles the advertising for the AB-InBev beer brand Stella Artois, will work on a fully integrated campaign for Beck’s to be released next year.
Publicis first won the business in August 2009, in a pitch, after the previous incumbent Lowe resigned the business.
Beck’s has traditionally aimed to align itself with the music and art worlds in its advertising and its major TV campaign, breaking two years ago, was for Beck's Vier, its premium 4% beer.
In September last year, the brand launched "Beck's Music Inspired Art" campaign with four new label designs created by bands Ladyhawke and Hard-Fi.
As part of the campaign, the lager brand took over three of London pubs and redecorated their exteriors based on songs by The Cure, Prince and Kraftwerk.
Stef Calcraft, a partner at Mother, said: " The brief the Beck’s team gave us was one of the most challenging and inspiring we have yet received and it demanded the best of Mother. We are truly excited about the potential of the idea we have created to break new ground."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Design Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / France / United Arab Emirates / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Digital Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts