Saint launches social media contest to design Lloyds icon
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 December 2010 11:20AM
Lloyds TSB is launching a campaign to encourage consumers to design a new animated character to appear in one of its upcoming TV ads.
Devised by Saint@RKCR/Y&R and MEC Interaction, the online display and social media campaign consists of a Flash application, available at www.lloydstsbme.com, that allows users to create a Lloyds TSB character in the style made famous by the bank's recent ad campaigns.
The agency has created animated characters to resemble famous figures like Ringo Starr and Beyonce to show that users can build characteristics such as hair, eyes, eyebrows, nose, ears and mouth, as well as choose clothes, accessories and environments.
They can then upload their character to the Lloyds TSB Facebook Gallery, where visitors will be asked to vote for their favourite creation. The character with the most votes will feature in a future Lloyds TSB TV campaign.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has been the incumbent on the Lloyds TSB ad account since 2002. The agency introduced its animated advertising style, designed by the award-winning animator Marc Craste, in 2007, and has since rolled out more than 30 different spots using the approach.
Lloyds TSB is currently reviewing its £50 million direct marketing account. Proximity London, the incumbent, Rapier, and Wunderman are all vying for the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter