Magners joins Portman Group to strengthen its responsible drinking activity
Magners GB has become the latest member of the Portman Group, as it strives to increase its role in shaping alcohol policy and educating consumers on responsible drinking.
The company is a division of C&C Group, the Ireland and UK-based manufacturer, marketer and distributor of brands including Magners cider, Gaymers cider, Blackthorn cider and Tennent’s lager.
The drinks company joins eight existing member companies, including Carlsberg, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, who either distribute or own the majority of the brands sold in the UK.
Seymour Fortescue, chairman of the Portman Group, said: ‘By joining the Portman Group, Magners GB is demonstrating its serious commitment to marketing its products responsibly and in a way that does not encourage excessive or underage drinking.’
Gordon Johncox, managing director of Magners GB, added: ‘Responsible drinking is a key objective for the drinks trade and we recognise that more still needs to be done to educate consumers.
‘By becoming members of the Portman Group, we can collectively continue to drive awareness of these issues and have valuable input when it comes to framing alcohol policy,’ Johncox concluded.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer