Magners joins Portman Group to strengthen its responsible drinking activity
Magners GB has become the latest member of the Portman Group, as it strives to increase its role in shaping alcohol policy and educating consumers on responsible drinking.
The company is a division of C&C Group, the Ireland and UK-based manufacturer, marketer and distributor of brands including Magners cider, Gaymers cider, Blackthorn cider and Tennent’s lager.
The drinks company joins eight existing member companies, including Carlsberg, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, who either distribute or own the majority of the brands sold in the UK.
Seymour Fortescue, chairman of the Portman Group, said: ‘By joining the Portman Group, Magners GB is demonstrating its serious commitment to marketing its products responsibly and in a way that does not encourage excessive or underage drinking.’
Gordon Johncox, managing director of Magners GB, added: ‘Responsible drinking is a key objective for the drinks trade and we recognise that more still needs to be done to educate consumers.
‘By becoming members of the Portman Group, we can collectively continue to drive awareness of these issues and have valuable input when it comes to framing alcohol policy,’ Johncox concluded.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot