Magners joins Portman Group to strengthen its responsible drinking activity
Magners GB has become the latest member of the Portman Group, as it strives to increase its role in shaping alcohol policy and educating consumers on responsible drinking.
The company is a division of C&C Group, the Ireland and UK-based manufacturer, marketer and distributor of brands including Magners cider, Gaymers cider, Blackthorn cider and Tennent’s lager.
The drinks company joins eight existing member companies, including Carlsberg, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, who either distribute or own the majority of the brands sold in the UK.
Seymour Fortescue, chairman of the Portman Group, said: ‘By joining the Portman Group, Magners GB is demonstrating its serious commitment to marketing its products responsibly and in a way that does not encourage excessive or underage drinking.’
Gordon Johncox, managing director of Magners GB, added: ‘Responsible drinking is a key objective for the drinks trade and we recognise that more still needs to be done to educate consumers.
‘By becoming members of the Portman Group, we can collectively continue to drive awareness of these issues and have valuable input when it comes to framing alcohol policy,’ Johncox concluded.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager - Croydon - £30-35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Croydon
- Account Director Dot-Gap £65k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Planner / Analyst Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Biddable Dot-Gap £65-80k, London (Greater)
- Strategy Consulting Manager Stopgap £75000 - £95000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham