Magners joins Portman Group to strengthen its responsible drinking activity
Magners GB has become the latest member of the Portman Group, as it strives to increase its role in shaping alcohol policy and educating consumers on responsible drinking.
The company is a division of C&C Group, the Ireland and UK-based manufacturer, marketer and distributor of brands including Magners cider, Gaymers cider, Blackthorn cider and Tennent’s lager.
The drinks company joins eight existing member companies, including Carlsberg, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, who either distribute or own the majority of the brands sold in the UK.
Seymour Fortescue, chairman of the Portman Group, said: ‘By joining the Portman Group, Magners GB is demonstrating its serious commitment to marketing its products responsibly and in a way that does not encourage excessive or underage drinking.’
Gordon Johncox, managing director of Magners GB, added: ‘Responsible drinking is a key objective for the drinks trade and we recognise that more still needs to be done to educate consumers.
‘By becoming members of the Portman Group, we can collectively continue to drive awareness of these issues and have valuable input when it comes to framing alcohol policy,’ Johncox concluded.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Antrim
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Antrim
- Paid Media Manager (PPC/Social) Dot-Gap £40k , London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3