Cheil strengthens UK with swoop on Leagas Delaney's Harris
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 2010 09:41AM
Cheil UK has hired Leagas Delaney managing director Chris Harris as its president and chief operating officer.
The South Korean group has recruited Harris as part of plans to build creative, strategic and digital offerings across all channels, to better serve its key Samsung client and strengthen its UK and European offering.
Harris will take up the role in January and will oversee the overall UK operation of Cheil Worldwide, including its below-the-line One Agency, which launched in March.
He will report to Andrew Yi, Cheil's president and European chief executive based in London, and Bruce Haines, president and chief operating officer in Seoul.
Harris joined Leagas Delaney as MD in June 2009 from BBH, where he was president of international operations after a spell running BBH in Asia.
Haines said Cheil was looking forward to Harris using his "entrepreneurial skills to develop our business in the UK".
He added: "We are now actively developing our Cheil offices in key markets, moving to new locations and bringing in top local talent as leaders."
Harris was recently featured in the Hot Seat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner / Buyer - DRTV & Brand Response TV ADLIB £24k - £28k + Bonus, North Somerset
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure