Cheil strengthens UK with swoop on Leagas Delaney's Harris
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 2010 09:41AM
Cheil UK has hired Leagas Delaney managing director Chris Harris as its president and chief operating officer.
The South Korean group has recruited Harris as part of plans to build creative, strategic and digital offerings across all channels, to better serve its key Samsung client and strengthen its UK and European offering.
Harris will take up the role in January and will oversee the overall UK operation of Cheil Worldwide, including its below-the-line One Agency, which launched in March.
He will report to Andrew Yi, Cheil's president and European chief executive based in London, and Bruce Haines, president and chief operating officer in Seoul.
Harris joined Leagas Delaney as MD in June 2009 from BBH, where he was president of international operations after a spell running BBH in Asia.
Haines said Cheil was looking forward to Harris using his "entrepreneurial skills to develop our business in the UK".
He added: "We are now actively developing our Cheil offices in key markets, moving to new locations and bringing in top local talent as leaders."
Harris was recently featured in the Hot Seat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Stopgap £150 - £170 per day, London
- Midweight-Senior Art Director (Pharma) Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- SeniorAD or Group Account Director Stopgap £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Creative Services Manager become £35-40K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Producer become 35-38K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy