Cheil strengthens UK with swoop on Leagas Delaney's Harris
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 2010 09:41AM
Cheil UK has hired Leagas Delaney managing director Chris Harris as its president and chief operating officer.
The South Korean group has recruited Harris as part of plans to build creative, strategic and digital offerings across all channels, to better serve its key Samsung client and strengthen its UK and European offering.
Harris will take up the role in January and will oversee the overall UK operation of Cheil Worldwide, including its below-the-line One Agency, which launched in March.
He will report to Andrew Yi, Cheil's president and European chief executive based in London, and Bruce Haines, president and chief operating officer in Seoul.
Harris joined Leagas Delaney as MD in June 2009 from BBH, where he was president of international operations after a spell running BBH in Asia.
Haines said Cheil was looking forward to Harris using his "entrepreneurial skills to develop our business in the UK".
He added: "We are now actively developing our Cheil offices in key markets, moving to new locations and bringing in top local talent as leaders."
Harris was recently featured in the Hot Seat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media