Unilever buys Radox and Brylcreem brands for €1.2bn
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 2010 12:50PM
Unilever has completed a €1.2bn (£1bn) cash buy-out of Sara Lee's European personal care and laundry business, which features the Radox and Kiwi brands.
Unilever's proposed buy-out had been referred to the European Commission for approval, and Unilever agreed to drop Sara Lee's Sanex brand in the EU, to ensure the takeover went ahead.
Doug Baillie, president for western Europe at Unilever, said: "Home and personal care is a key growth category and we are acquiring a number of leading brands that fill gaps in our portfolio, improve the shape of our overall European portfolio, while offering significant potential for development in other geographies."
Sara Lee's personal care brands include Radox, Kiwi shoe polish and Brylcreem, Dusch Das shower gel, Badedas, Neutral, laundry product Biotex, baby care products Zwitsal and Fissan, and Prodent and Zendium toothpastes.
Sanex will be operated by a separate organisation before it is sold.
The bath and bodycare business was itself bought from Unilever's major competitor SmithKline Beecham – now GSK – in 1993.
Unilever recently brought in Ogilvy and Mather to handle its corporate branding.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot