Hovis man to head Premier Foods marketing
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 09 December 2010 08:29AM
Hovis marketing director Jon Goldstone has been appointed as Premier Foods' first group marketing director.
Premier said the appointment was designed to "accelerate the growth of its portfolio of its brands".
His new role will become effective from 1 January 2011 and will combine the lead marketing roles of Premier's Hovis and grocery divisions. Goldstone's previous role will cease.
Goldstone will have responsibility for household brands including Branston and Mr Kipling.
Goldstone, who has worked at Premier for three years, will report to Tim Kelly, chief operating officer.
Kelly said: "The creation of this new group marketing function will play a key role in the delivery of our strategy to accelerate branded growth.
"I am delighted to welcome Jon into this new role. He will bring a focus on marketing excellence across the entire business."
Goldstone said he wants to "Facilitate the sharing of best practice across our entire portfolio of great British brands".
The group, which carries debts of some £1.4bn, is planning to sell its meat-free division, which includes the Quorn brand, to reduce the debt.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Unilever appoints Goldstone to UK food marketing role
- Brand Health Check: Branston
- Hovis promotes British farmers with new TV ad
- Premier Foods introduces function-led marketing division
- Quorn targets veggies on TV
- Premier Foods 'open-minded' as approaches made for Quorn brand
- Premier Foods to launch cup-a-pasta range
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Executive - Integrated Marketing Stonor £16,000 - £20,000 plus benefits, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Stonor £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus, Berkshire
- Corporate Affairs Officer (6 month contract) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP28000 - GBP32000 per annum, Warwickshire
How to be a professional Twitter — we talk to voice behind The Dolphin Pub
David Levin, who is the voice of the Dolphin Pub on Twitter, is one of a small group of individuals who are turning Twitter into a career by professionally tweeting on behalf of brands.