Volkswagen to launch Discovery Channel idents
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 09:00AM
Volkswagen is rolling out a set of idents on the Discovery Channel on 20 December, as part of its integrated campaign to promote its Caddy van.
The idents, created by Iris, are animations by the illustrator Simon's Cat, and will support adventure programs on the channel. They aim to promote the fun side of the commercial vehicle and carry the strapline of the overall campaign: "Brilliant made better".
Volkswagen launched the integrated Caddy campaign in November, with press, online, radio, retail and outdoor ads. Iris also created a "Brilliant made better" microsite, with interactive product navigation and an online game. Mediacom handled the media planning and buying for the campaign.
The latest work follows a set of idents Iris created in June to support the sponsorship of adventure and survival programming on the Discovery Channel.
In October, Volkswagen launched its "See cinema different" campaign, created by DDB, its biggest cinema ad in six years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief