RAC launches Christmas breakdown gift cards
Breakdown cover provider RAC has launched what it claims to be the UK's first "breakdown gift card", targeting consumers in the build-up to Christmas.
RAC, owned by Aviva, has partnered with gift card company InComm to create the £29 single-use breakdown cover vouchers that will roll out to in 600 Shell forecourt outlets across the country. The brand plans to extend the roll-out to further outlets during 2011.
RAC marketing manager Shirley Gabriel said the cards would appeal to young people and protective parents as Christmas gifts, as well as motorists planning long journeys
She said: "The breakdown market continues to evolve and offering new and relevant ways of purchasing cover will appeal to consumers and ensure we have a presence in new emerging markets."
Recent treacherous winter weather conditions resulted in a flurry of activity for breakdown cover providers, with RBS Insurance-owned Green Flag experiencing its busiest ever Tuesday last week (7 December).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film