RAC launches Christmas breakdown gift cards
Breakdown cover provider RAC has launched what it claims to be the UK's first "breakdown gift card", targeting consumers in the build-up to Christmas.
RAC, owned by Aviva, has partnered with gift card company InComm to create the £29 single-use breakdown cover vouchers that will roll out to in 600 Shell forecourt outlets across the country. The brand plans to extend the roll-out to further outlets during 2011.
RAC marketing manager Shirley Gabriel said the cards would appeal to young people and protective parents as Christmas gifts, as well as motorists planning long journeys
She said: "The breakdown market continues to evolve and offering new and relevant ways of purchasing cover will appeal to consumers and ensure we have a presence in new emerging markets."
Recent treacherous winter weather conditions resulted in a flurry of activity for breakdown cover providers, with RBS Insurance-owned Green Flag experiencing its busiest ever Tuesday last week (7 December).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London