RAC launches Christmas breakdown gift cards
Breakdown cover provider RAC has launched what it claims to be the UK's first "breakdown gift card", targeting consumers in the build-up to Christmas.
RAC, owned by Aviva, has partnered with gift card company InComm to create the £29 single-use breakdown cover vouchers that will roll out to in 600 Shell forecourt outlets across the country. The brand plans to extend the roll-out to further outlets during 2011.
RAC marketing manager Shirley Gabriel said the cards would appeal to young people and protective parents as Christmas gifts, as well as motorists planning long journeys
She said: "The breakdown market continues to evolve and offering new and relevant ways of purchasing cover will appeal to consumers and ensure we have a presence in new emerging markets."
Recent treacherous winter weather conditions resulted in a flurry of activity for breakdown cover providers, with RBS Insurance-owned Green Flag experiencing its busiest ever Tuesday last week (7 December).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne