Harrods to showcase Lexus hybrid
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 09:10AM
Harrods will showcase the new Lexus hybrid car in its auto window, usually reserved for less-green supercars.
The Lexus CT 200H has both a petrol and electric engine, much like a Toyota Prius, but is aimed at the luxury market.
To be revealed this morning (14 December), the green Lexus will occupy the window usually reserved for performance cars such as Maserati, Ferrari or McLaren models. The last car to be shown was the first view of the Aston Martin Cygnet.
Guy Cheston, director of advertising sales and sponsorship at Harrods, said: "Now we are the ideal route to capturing the imagination of a consumer who is seeking out comfort and style with eco-friendly credentials. Coming face-to-face with the Harrods shopper in a prime Knightsbridge location is a huge draw."
Lexus was one of the brands that last week sponsored Virgin's new iPad Project magazine.
Harrods launched the Sun newspaper's perfume, Buzz, in the autumn.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad