Harrods to showcase Lexus hybrid
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 09:10AM
Harrods will showcase the new Lexus hybrid car in its auto window, usually reserved for less-green supercars.
The Lexus CT 200H has both a petrol and electric engine, much like a Toyota Prius, but is aimed at the luxury market.
To be revealed this morning (14 December), the green Lexus will occupy the window usually reserved for performance cars such as Maserati, Ferrari or McLaren models. The last car to be shown was the first view of the Aston Martin Cygnet.
Guy Cheston, director of advertising sales and sponsorship at Harrods, said: "Now we are the ideal route to capturing the imagination of a consumer who is seeking out comfort and style with eco-friendly credentials. Coming face-to-face with the Harrods shopper in a prime Knightsbridge location is a huge draw."
Lexus was one of the brands that last week sponsored Virgin's new iPad Project magazine.
Harrods launched the Sun newspaper's perfume, Buzz, in the autumn.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Strategist, Top London Agency Direct Recruitment £45,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Social Media Strategist, London Direct Recruitment £40,000-£80,000, London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account