Breakthrough Breast Cancer hunts agency for 2011 campaign
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 December 2010 12:05PM
Breakthrough Breast Cancer is looking for an advertising agency to handle its 2011 Fashion Targets Breast Cancer campaign.
The pitch is being handled by the AAR. The campaign, which goes live on 4 April next year, was traditionally fronted by celebrities wearing charity branded t-shirts. The t-shirts were expanded in 2009 to include a wider range of black and white fashion items.
The incumbent on the account is CMW, which won the business for the 2010 campaign without a pitch last year. TBWA\London created 2009’s work, which featured celebrities including Sarah Ferguson and Jade Jagger.
Last year the campaign was supported by Claudia Schiffer, Kylie Minogue and Sienna Miller, but this year's celebrities are yet to be confirmed.
The appointed agency will create an outdoor, digital, PR and social media campaign to raise awareness of the charity's fashion push.
Fashion Targets Breast Cancer was first launched in 1994 by Ralph Lauren, after his friend Nina Hyde, the fashion editor of The Washington Post, died of the disease.
The campaign, which to date has raised over £10.5m in the UK, was designed to raise money from Breakthrough Breast Cancer t-shirts, sold through major retailers.
In the UK M&S, River Island, Warehouse, Topshop, Coast, Laura Ashley, Superdry My-wardrobe.com and Whistles all support the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- Freelance Production Manager Network Career Consultants £200 - £250 per day, Hertfordshire
- Planner | World-famous media company Nu Creative Talent £45k + extensive benefits, London
- Creative Head (Retail) Dahling Ltd Up to £70,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR and Communications Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Huddersfield
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy