Publicis Groupe acquires French healthcare agency
PARIS - Publicis Groupe, parent company of Saatchi & Saatchi and Starcom MediaVest, has acquired a healthcare communications agency founded by Francois Sarkozy, the younger brother of the French president, Nicolas.
Headquartered in Paris, with an office in New York, Healthcare Consulting provides strategic consulting to healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
Francois Sarkozy, chairman and co-founder, will continue to lead the strategic consultancy firm, which will now be called Publicis Healthcare Consulting, alongside co-founder and general manager Yannick Sabatin.
Sarkozy will act as a special advisor to Jean-Yves Naouri, chief operating officer of Publicis Groupe. The agency’s key clients include GSK, BMS, Sanofi-Aventis, Saint Jude Medical and the Leem.
Publicis Groupe has been very active in the healthcare, and particularly the digital healthcare sectors, in 2010, with the recent acquisitions of In-Sync in North America, Resolute and Elevator in the UK and Digital District in Germany.
Pharmaceutical advertising accounts for 9% of global expenditure, representing $41bn in 2010, according to ZenithOptimedia.
Jean-Yves Naouri, chief operating officer of Publicis Groupe, said: "I am delighted to welcome François Sarkozy and Yannick Sabatin to our expanding healthcare offering. The duo bring a very compelling yet innovative approach to serving clients and we will benefit immensely from their expertise".
In November, Publicis Groupe bought a controlling stake in Brazilian advertising agency, Talent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Executive Dot-Gap £25k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show