Butlin's launches campaign to target busy mums
Butlin's is launching a campaign on Christmas Eve that targets busy mums looking for a relaxing family break, a month before the brand turns 75.
The campaign, created by Mother, features a 30 and 40-second TV ad that will run across national television, supported by online activity and print ads placed in women’s magazines.
The ad shows Ludo the Dino, a fluffy green dinosaur, having fun with children and sharing experiences at Butlin's, such as playing in the pool, rock climbing and walking on the beach.
The ad is set to a version of Kansas’s 'Dust in the Wind', newly recorded by the music artist Sança. In the ad, the song appears to be played by Ludo the Dino. The ad ends with the Butlin’s tag line "Happy days".
The campaign breaks just ahead of the travel industry’s busiest booking period in January and aims to make the brand appealing to returning and new customers together.
Jackie Martin, marketing director, Butlin's, said: "Families are working harder and for longer hours than ever. This campaign will remind people that Butlin’s is the perfect place for them and their family to unwind, have a great time together and leave with memories of happy days."
Butlin’s has invested £116m in its resorts since 2003. Earlier this month, direct holiday resort rival Pontin's called in administrator KPMG to run the parks until a buyer is found.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Presentation Specialist (Media Agency, PC, Powerpoint) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Senior Art Director to 60k. SW1. Mark Paine Recruitment to 60,000 plus benefits, SW10 0AB, London (Greater)
- Head of Publisher Development - Ad Tech Ultimate Asset £65000 - £90000 per annum + UNBEATABLE COMMISSION , City of London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER (FANTASTIC SALARY + LOCATION + BENEFITS) Ultimate Asset £27000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London