Nikon Coolpix to sponsor Hollyoaks for 2011
By Katherine Levy, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 23 December 2010 12:30PM
Nikon, the camera manufacturer, will sponsor Channel 4 soap 'Hollyoaks' as part of its wider TV advertising campaign for 2011 to target "a young, trendy audience".
In a seven-figure deal, Nikon’s sponsorship of the programme will run for a year from 1 January 2011 and will support its Coolpix compact camera range. Nikon previously sponsored the show from May to September this year.
Mobile company Phones 4 U sponsored 'Hollyoaks' from September until the end of this year.
The Coolpix sponsorship will be featured on the weekday show on Channel 4 and E4, as well as the weekly Saturday omnibus on E4.
The focus of the sponsorship is Nikon’s Coolpix range, from the Coolpix S3000 to the more premium Coolpix models, which offer performance features for creative photography.
The sponsorship will consist of idents using the strapline "I am Nikon", which aims to convey "the emotions and fun of taking pictures with the Coolpix cameras".
The 10-second idents will include an image of a puppy wearing a blonde wig, with the strapline "I am a beauty queen," and a young man dancing in a club with the strapline "I am a party animal".
Jeremy Gilbert, group marketing manager at Nikon UK, said: "Nikon’s sponsorship of 'Hollyoaks' in 2010 proved to be very successful and undoubtedly contributed to a significant rise in market share for our Coolpix products.
"'Hollyoaks' continues to provide Nikon with access to those to whom we are able to communicate the strengths of the Coolpix range. We look forward to promoting our key Coolpix products throughout the campaign."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Aspire £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Account Director Mustard Jobs £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, Bath
- Business Director Major Players £60000 - £75000 per hour, City of London
- Midweight Packaging Designer - West End - 27k - 33k Twist Recruitment £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , City of London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies