Nikon Coolpix to sponsor Hollyoaks for 2011
By Katherine Levy, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 23 December 2010 12:30PM
Nikon, the camera manufacturer, will sponsor Channel 4 soap 'Hollyoaks' as part of its wider TV advertising campaign for 2011 to target "a young, trendy audience".
In a seven-figure deal, Nikon’s sponsorship of the programme will run for a year from 1 January 2011 and will support its Coolpix compact camera range. Nikon previously sponsored the show from May to September this year.
Mobile company Phones 4 U sponsored 'Hollyoaks' from September until the end of this year.
The Coolpix sponsorship will be featured on the weekday show on Channel 4 and E4, as well as the weekly Saturday omnibus on E4.
The focus of the sponsorship is Nikon’s Coolpix range, from the Coolpix S3000 to the more premium Coolpix models, which offer performance features for creative photography.
The sponsorship will consist of idents using the strapline "I am Nikon", which aims to convey "the emotions and fun of taking pictures with the Coolpix cameras".
The 10-second idents will include an image of a puppy wearing a blonde wig, with the strapline "I am a beauty queen," and a young man dancing in a club with the strapline "I am a party animal".
Jeremy Gilbert, group marketing manager at Nikon UK, said: "Nikon’s sponsorship of 'Hollyoaks' in 2010 proved to be very successful and undoubtedly contributed to a significant rise in market share for our Coolpix products.
"'Hollyoaks' continues to provide Nikon with access to those to whom we are able to communicate the strengths of the Coolpix range. We look forward to promoting our key Coolpix products throughout the campaign."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films