AMV's Farah Ramzan Golant receives CBE
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's executive chairman Farah Ramzan Golant has been awarded a CBE for services to advertising.
Ramzan Golant joined AMV in 1990, three years after graduating from Cambridge University. During her tenure at the agency, Ramzan Golant has run a portfolio of clients including Sainsbury’s, BT, Johnson & Johnson and Mars.
She has also headed the client service department and co-founded the BBDO Worldwide Telecoms Hub.
In 2002, Ramzan Golant was appointed managing director. Two years later, she became chief executive and, in 2007, she was invited to sit on the BBDO Worldwide board.
In November, she became executive chairman, reporting to AMV BBDO Group chairman, Cilla Snowball.
Snowball was herself awarded a CBE in last year's New Year Honours.
Also honoured with an MBE for services to the creative industry was Jeff Vickers, a former advertising photographer, who is the founder of point-of-sale creative company Genix Imaging.
Genix has worked for clients including Nike, Selfridges and Marks & Spencer.
In the 1980s, Vickers devised a fast way of colour copying campaign storyboards, adopted by ad agencies to save time when presenting to clients. ChromaCopy, the company he founded along with a global franchise, later changed its name to Genix in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham