MediaCom North America changes leadership
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 January 2011 09:54AM
MediaCom North America has appointed Harvey Goldhersz, the chief operating officer of MediaCom Worldwide, as chief executive, after the resignation of Doug Checkeris.
Checkeris will remain with the agency during a transitional period, before leaving to pursue other interests.
Goldhersz has worked at MediaCom Worldwide for 28 years, holding a number of executive roles. Most recently, he was vice-chairman and chief operating officer of MediaCom Worldwide.
In 1998, he founded MediaCom Digital and served as its chief executive until 2004. Goldhersz will be retaining his current responsibility of head of digital at MediaCom Worldwide in the new role.
He will be responsible for the management and operation of MediaCom activities in the six cities in the US and Canada where it has offices.
He will report directly to Stephen Allan, chief executive of MediaCom Worldwide, and will be based in the New York office.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Director - 11 Month Maternity Contract Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 pro rata, Cobham
- Customer Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Retention Manager Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.