EDF adds BBDO to pan-European advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 January 2011 10:56AM
EDF Energy has split its pan-European advertising business between BBDO and incumbent Euro RSCG.
The move follows an eight-month pitch process, which involved a number of network agencies.
BBDO will now be responsible for handling all EDF’s advertising work surrounding the brand’s sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games, of which it is a tier-one partner. The work will be run out of BBDO’s Paris and London offices.
Euro RSCG, the previous incumbent on the entire EDF advertising account, will continue to handle the brand’s remaining corporate and consumer advertising activity. The agency has worked with EDF since 2006, after winning the business from Publicis.
In 2009, Euro RSCG was responsible for launching EDF’s "Green Britain Day" campaign, which encouraged consumers to help the environment by "doing something green".
In October, it also rolled out a TV spot featuring ‘The Waltons’ family, to help promote its EcoManager appliance controller.
EDF’s relationships with MPG, which handles media planning and buying, and Archibald Ingall Stretton, which oversees direct marketing activity, are unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Senior Digital Strategist - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k + good benefits, West London
- Head of Business Development - Group Head Sports Ultimate Asset £50000 - £70000 per annum + Which includes Bonus, London