EDF adds BBDO to pan-European advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 January 2011 10:56AM
EDF Energy has split its pan-European advertising business between BBDO and incumbent Euro RSCG.
The move follows an eight-month pitch process, which involved a number of network agencies.
BBDO will now be responsible for handling all EDF’s advertising work surrounding the brand’s sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games, of which it is a tier-one partner. The work will be run out of BBDO’s Paris and London offices.
Euro RSCG, the previous incumbent on the entire EDF advertising account, will continue to handle the brand’s remaining corporate and consumer advertising activity. The agency has worked with EDF since 2006, after winning the business from Publicis.
In 2009, Euro RSCG was responsible for launching EDF’s "Green Britain Day" campaign, which encouraged consumers to help the environment by "doing something green".
In October, it also rolled out a TV spot featuring ‘The Waltons’ family, to help promote its EcoManager appliance controller.
EDF’s relationships with MPG, which handles media planning and buying, and Archibald Ingall Stretton, which oversees direct marketing activity, are unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 per annum, London
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Sub Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager VMA Group Up to £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Manager Bray Leino £Competitive (depending on experience), Devon / Barnstaple, Devon / Bristol, City of Bristol / Filleigh, Devon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign