EDF adds BBDO to pan-European advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 January 2011 10:56AM
EDF Energy has split its pan-European advertising business between BBDO and incumbent Euro RSCG.
The move follows an eight-month pitch process, which involved a number of network agencies.
BBDO will now be responsible for handling all EDF’s advertising work surrounding the brand’s sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games, of which it is a tier-one partner. The work will be run out of BBDO’s Paris and London offices.
Euro RSCG, the previous incumbent on the entire EDF advertising account, will continue to handle the brand’s remaining corporate and consumer advertising activity. The agency has worked with EDF since 2006, after winning the business from Publicis.
In 2009, Euro RSCG was responsible for launching EDF’s "Green Britain Day" campaign, which encouraged consumers to help the environment by "doing something green".
In October, it also rolled out a TV spot featuring ‘The Waltons’ family, to help promote its EcoManager appliance controller.
EDF’s relationships with MPG, which handles media planning and buying, and Archibald Ingall Stretton, which oversees direct marketing activity, are unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- International Account Manager - £30K - LIFESTYLE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad