EDF adds BBDO to pan-European advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 January 2011 10:56AM
EDF Energy has split its pan-European advertising business between BBDO and incumbent Euro RSCG.
The move follows an eight-month pitch process, which involved a number of network agencies.
BBDO will now be responsible for handling all EDF’s advertising work surrounding the brand’s sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games, of which it is a tier-one partner. The work will be run out of BBDO’s Paris and London offices.
Euro RSCG, the previous incumbent on the entire EDF advertising account, will continue to handle the brand’s remaining corporate and consumer advertising activity. The agency has worked with EDF since 2006, after winning the business from Publicis.
In 2009, Euro RSCG was responsible for launching EDF’s "Green Britain Day" campaign, which encouraged consumers to help the environment by "doing something green".
In October, it also rolled out a TV spot featuring ‘The Waltons’ family, to help promote its EcoManager appliance controller.
EDF’s relationships with MPG, which handles media planning and buying, and Archibald Ingall Stretton, which oversees direct marketing activity, are unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Designer become Unspecified, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign