Posterscope takes MediaVest Manchester outdoor from Kinetic
Manchester-based MediaVest has moved its outdoor planning and buying account, estimated to be worth up to £10m, to Aegis out-of-home specialist Posterscope from WPP-owned Kinetic, without a pitch.
Alongside the agency in Manchester, which had billings of more than £100m in 2009, the business includes the £20m billings agency in Leeds, MediaVest (Leeds), and its sister agency in Scotland.
It is understood that the MediaVest business moved to Posterscope in late December without a formal pitch process. No other outdoor specialists were involved and Posterscope has already begun working on the account.
In 2009, MediaVest (Manchester)'s billings were £105.4m. With outdoor accounting for 10% of the market, the account could be worth up to £10m, although with MediaVest's traditional direct and online focus, it is likely to be slightly less than this.
The agency’s clients include the JD Williams catalogue chain, the government-owned Northern Rock bank and the bakery chain Greggs.
MediaVest (Manchester) is one of the largest media agencies outside London and was the 15th largest in 2009, the last full year data is available for, according to billings measured by The Nielsen Company.
Most media agencies work with an outdoor specialist on the outdoor media on their planning and buying accounts, although some advertisers choose to appoint an outdoor specialist directly.
In addition to working on the outdoor business for Aegis media agencies Carat and Vizeum, Posterscope works with external agencies such as Omnicom agencies PHD and Manning Gottlieb OMD, and Walker Media.
The relationship between Publicis Groupe’s wholly owned media agency StarcomMediaVest Group and Kinetic is not affected by this move.
Kinetic handles outdoor media for the WPP media agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus.
Manchester-based MediaVest and Posterscope were unavailable for comment. Kinetic declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager [Retail / Shopper] - Superb Agency - Central London - to £38k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £38k + great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Marketing Campaign Manager Ninesharp £175 - £190 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + benefits, London
- Junior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £35K + benefits , Central London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni