Posterscope picks up Arena Media business from Kinetic
Havas media agency Arena Media has transferred its outdoor planning and buying account to Aegis specialist Posterscope from WPP-owned Kinetic without a pitch.
The move came into force at the beginning of the year and follows the decision by Manchester-based MediaVest to move its outdoor planning and buying to Posterscope from Kinetic.
Arena BLM, as it was previously known, had billings of £50.4m in 2009, according to The Nielsen Company. With outdoor at around 10% of the market, the account could be worth up to £5m, though this will depend of the agency's client mix.
In November 2010 Arena Media retained the £12m Thomas Cook media planning and buying business, beating Aegis Media's Carat after a lengthy pitch process that began in July.
In May 2010 Havas rebranded Arena BLM to Arena Media to tie it closer to the rest of its network. BLM Media was founded 20-years ago and was one of the last independents to sell when the founders agreed a deal with Havas in 2008.
The move of Arena Media to Posterscope aligns it with sister Havas media agency MPG, which already works with Posterscope. Posterscope also handles the Omnicom media agencies and jointly owns Meridian Outdoor with Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia.
Kinetic works on the outdoor media accounts for WPP agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus, and the Publicis Groupe-owned StarcomMediaVest Group.
Spokespeople for Posterscope, Kinetic and Arena Media declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Acquisition Salt £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Exec/Account Manager - Integrated (6 months+) Stopgap £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- FMCG Client side Research and Insight Manager Elizabeth Norman International £40000 per annum + Generous bonus and benefits, West London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?