Reckitt Benckiser awards media AOR to ZenithOptimedia
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 January 2011 10:45AM
MUMBAI - Reckitt Benckiser India has concluded its media pitch process, awarding its massive media AOR to ZenithOptimedia.
The incumbent agency is MPG.
Reckitt Benckiser India has concluded its media pitch process. The FMCG major has shifted its media planning and buying responsibilities to Zenith Optimedia, from incumbent MPG.
Campaign India had reported Zenith winning the Reckitt business in early December in the 2010 Agency Report Card, although we had stated that there was no official confirmation of the same at the time.
Confirming the move, Reckitt Benckiser India's Chander Mohan Sethi said, "Reckitt Benckiser India is one of the largest buyers of media in the country.
"The pitch process followed a global review procedure that was locally implemented to ensure that we have the partner who is best at maximising our investments.
"All lead agencies were invited and post the rigorous process of evaluation through an online platform we are happy to announce Zenith as our media agency. MPG, our incumbent agency has been a trusted partner over the past seven years and we shared a healthy working relationship with them.
"We thank their leadership and all members of their staff, working on our account, for all the support over the years".
The decision follows one of the most controversial media pitches in recent times. Reckitt had asked agencies taking part in the pitch to pay a participating fee. The pre-conditions to taking part in the pitch reportedly included terms like compensation deals for subsequent drops in TV ratings and payment of commissions for the first 12 to 18 months of the business.
At the time the AAAI (Advertising Agency Association of India) had asked agencies to boycott the pitch, saying the terms were unnatural.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing - Central Europe Salt £65000 - £100000 per annum + dependent on location, London
- Events Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Design Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / France / United Arab Emirates / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts