Rugby stars get tough in Land Rover campaign
Land Rover has drafted England rugby players Ben Youngs, Tom Croft and James Haskell to promote its renewed sponsorship of the national team.
The poster campaign, created by RKCR/Y&R, features each of the England stars in a typically tough challenging Land Rover environment.
"Cactus" features James Haskell tackling a big cactus tree as though it were another player. Youngs stars in "hornets" carrying a hornet's nest like a rugby ball while being pursued by a swarm of angry hornets, and "rocks" presents Croft catching a falling rock as if it were a rugby ball.
In November Land Rover announced it would sponsor the next two Rugby World Cups in New Zealand in 2011 and in England in 2015. Land Rover has long been associated with rugby, and sponsored the past three British Lions tours of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Earlier this week Land Rover launched its first global, animated TV campaign to promote its Freelander 2 model. The "claymation" campaign features the Freelander 2 as it drives across a chaotic, ever-changing Plasticine terrain.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad