Rugby stars get tough in Land Rover campaign
Land Rover has drafted England rugby players Ben Youngs, Tom Croft and James Haskell to promote its renewed sponsorship of the national team.
The poster campaign, created by RKCR/Y&R, features each of the England stars in a typically tough challenging Land Rover environment.
"Cactus" features James Haskell tackling a big cactus tree as though it were another player. Youngs stars in "hornets" carrying a hornet's nest like a rugby ball while being pursued by a swarm of angry hornets, and "rocks" presents Croft catching a falling rock as if it were a rugby ball.
In November Land Rover announced it would sponsor the next two Rugby World Cups in New Zealand in 2011 and in England in 2015. Land Rover has long been associated with rugby, and sponsored the past three British Lions tours of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Earlier this week Land Rover launched its first global, animated TV campaign to promote its Freelander 2 model. The "claymation" campaign features the Freelander 2 as it drives across a chaotic, ever-changing Plasticine terrain.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014