Rugby stars get tough in Land Rover campaign
Land Rover has drafted England rugby players Ben Youngs, Tom Croft and James Haskell to promote its renewed sponsorship of the national team.
The poster campaign, created by RKCR/Y&R, features each of the England stars in a typically tough challenging Land Rover environment.
"Cactus" features James Haskell tackling a big cactus tree as though it were another player. Youngs stars in "hornets" carrying a hornet's nest like a rugby ball while being pursued by a swarm of angry hornets, and "rocks" presents Croft catching a falling rock as if it were a rugby ball.
In November Land Rover announced it would sponsor the next two Rugby World Cups in New Zealand in 2011 and in England in 2015. Land Rover has long been associated with rugby, and sponsored the past three British Lions tours of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Earlier this week Land Rover launched its first global, animated TV campaign to promote its Freelander 2 model. The "claymation" campaign features the Freelander 2 as it drives across a chaotic, ever-changing Plasticine terrain.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief